Here at Clowder, nothing makes us happier than seeing our clients excited about their apps. So when we see an awesome app promotion like the one Texas Retired Teachers Association (TRTA) recently sent out through their organization's newsletter, we just had to share!
Take a look:
The TRTA App is Here! Download Today in Your Device’s App Store
Well before the COVID-19 pandemic moved TRTA meetings and events into the virtual space, TRTA Leadership was exploring different technologies to enhance the member experience and attract new members. One of these options was a TRTA mobile app, and the importance of connecting and engaging with members in this mostly-digital world soon became very apparent.
With in-person functions cancelled through the end of the year, a tool to keep members informed and interested in TRTA became paramount. Now, there’s an app for that! Introducing a mobile app could not have come at a better time.
After careful consideration of many vendors and developers, TRTA selected Clowder to create a custom mobile experience for TRTA members and potential members. TRTA’s new mobile app can be used year-round and seamlessly interfaces with current TRTA technologies and databases.
The TRTA Board of Directors and other officers have already gotten a sneak peek, and many districts unveiled this new tool at their district fall conference. Now, it’s your turn!
The app is available for both Android and Apple users and for both cellular phones and tablets. Download the TRTA app to by going to your device’s app store and searching for “TRTA.”
Not a member? Not a problem! The TRTA app is also available for non-members who want to see what TRTA is all about before joining the ranks. Simply download the app, create a profile and log in. Some content is restricted to members-only, but the app does have something for everyone. When you are ready to join (or renew in the case of existing members), you can do so directly through the app!
App Features and Highlights
With one single app, you'll be able to do ALL sorts of things to keep you connected with your peers and fellow retirees throughout the day, week, and year! Consider it your one-stop shop for all things TRTA! Highlights of the app include:
- Push Notifications: Never miss a beat by receiving push notifications (like a text message) directly to your phone
- Forums: Discuss TRTA-related or lifestyle topics with others and stay connected in this increasingly disconnected time we find ourselves in
- Resources: Access the library to download membership forms and other documents that every member needs at the tip of their fingers
- News Feed: Keep up-to-date with the most current release of The Inside Line and what legislation might affect you
- Directory: Find other app users to network with them despite your geographic locations
- Events: Explore the calendar of TRTA upcoming (virtual) events
The user guide is available in the app and on our TRTA website for further instructions, features and information.
Still not convinced? Download the app today for your chance to WIN! App users will have the opportunity to participate in contests and drawings, so get started today and stay tuned for more details!
Written by: Brenda Faught & Ashley Freidrichs